Sunday, November 14, 2010

Shabu Shabu & Sukiyaki

 
My sister and I took our cousin out to eat for her birthday. She just started at NYU and surely has not been eating properly. So we thought we'd feed her some hearty homey Asian food. We headed over to the East Village and decided to go to Shabu Tatsu. We were really lucky and just barely beat the dinner rush. We sat down right away. The portions are pretty generous and we were debating between ordering shabu shabu or sukiyaki. I was pleasantly surprised to hear my cousin say both! Because my sister and I who are major eaters were thinking the same thing. My tiny cousin who probably weighs about 90 pounds could put it away!! I was impressed. She has the gene I guess! Between the 3 of us, we ordered 2 portions of shabu shabu and 2 portions of sukiyaki! It was a delicious meal of comfort food and sweet sake followed by creamy ice cream. I love the East Village!

Shabu Tatsu
216 E 10th St
www.tic-nyc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment